Owning a land or any other property in GHMC is really an opulent thing. If you are a property owner in GHMC, then you are liable to pay property tax levied by the GHMC according to your property specifications. Here is a quick guide informing the detailed description about GHMC Property Tax Payment Online 2024-25 Process.
GHMC Property Tax Payment
Introduction: GHMC, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation is the largest city and also the capital city of Telangana State. Long back in 1869, the municipal administration was introduced in Hyderabad during the rule of Nizams. Later it went into several changes and gradations. Recently in 2007, The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation was completely established. Now it is one of the most important revenue additions to its State Telangana.
GHMC constitutes of the twin cities Secunderabad and Hyderabad and almost 11million people live in this metropolitan city. It is spread in 625Km2 of area. Many global technological companies and tourist attractions are a part of this tech city which serves to generate more revenue to contribute to its states development. Smt. Vijayalakshmi Gadwal is the present elected Mayor of GHMC since 2021.
What is Property Tax in GHMC?
If you own a property in any part of India, it is mandatory to pay property tax, once in a year . Likewise property owners in GHMC should also pay tax to the Municipal Corporation. However there are some exceptions and rules to be followed while paying the taxes.
Calculation of Property Tax in GHMC Portal
Based on different factors, the property tax in GHMC is calculated
- The location of the property
- Under construction or Fully Constructed
- Size of the Property
- Type of Property
- Even the age and gender of the property owner also plays a vital role in tax calculations in GHMC.
Type of Property also plays a prominent role in tax calculation. Residential Property and Commercial Properties are the two types of properties in GHMC.
Property Tax Payment Procedure
The Telangana state Government has facilitated its citizens to pay the property tax either in online and offline modes in GHMC. Let’s know the step by step procedure of tax payment in GHMC in online and offline modes.
GHMC Property Tax Payment Online 2024-25
Payment of GHMC Property Tax through Online Portal
- GHMC Portal: https://www.ghmc.gov.in/Propertytax.aspx
- Above is the link to get into the official Telangana state government portal.
- You’ll see an option named online payments on the webpage and click on it.
- Click on Property Tax and you will be redirected to the actual payment interface.
- https://onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in/ is the direct link to pay property tax in GHMC.
- Enter your PTIN (Property Tax Identification Number)/ Assessment Number along with the registered mobile number.
- You’ll get an OTP after entering the one time password your property details will appear on your desktop screen.
- Verify all the prescribed details about your property and check the payment dues.
- Once after verifying click on pay and select the payment mode you would prefer and complete the transaction.
- Download the payment receipt and keep it safe for future references.
- If your mobile number is not registered in the portal, you can just register your mobile number using the option given below the page.
Offline Payment of GHMC Property Tax
Paying the tax offline requires physical visit to prescribed centers and you should carry certain documents. Here is the detailed list :
- You can visit Meeseva Centers or GHMC Bill Collectors or Citizen Service Centers or any Hyderabad Bank Branches to pay the tax.
- You should carry the building plan, sale deed, demand draft or cheque to the GHMC commissioner, occupancy certificate related to your property, to make the property tax payment offline.
- With all the details, you’ll get to know the tax amount. Then you can pay them in any of the payment methods available with the operators.
The last date to pay property tax in GHMC is July 31 and October 15 of every year for each half yearly payment. If any delay is made in the payment, then 2% late fee on the entire tax amount is applicable.
Tax payments are all wholly exempted in GHMC on properties of Charitable Organizations, military professionals, holy places like temples, churches and mosques. Owners of vacant properties get an exemption of 50%.
So calculate your taxes according to your property particulars and pay the taxes on time to avoid paying late fees.
If you want to know how to pay taxes in Andhra Pradesh state Municipal Corporations click on this link Vijayawada Municipal Property Tax Payment Online for Vijayawada